Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby food never tasted so good!

That title is actually a lie - one, because I make J's baby food myself from regular food, and two, because I didn't eat baby food today!  Nonetheless, mushy foods it is since my dietitian has approved it.  My first attempt was 1/4 cup hummus (delicious!) that went down fine.  At this point, I think I am just so, so, SO scared of pain or PBs or anything that I'm taking it super slow (I literally ate off a baby spoon.)  The idea of refried beans with cheese sounds amazing, but I am a little scared.  I can see I'm going to have trouble getting in the protein this way though, so I'm sure protein shakes (or in my case, Carnation Instant Breakfast + scoop Unjury) are still going to play a big role.

This is my new normal - thinking about every single thing that goes in my mouth...not just what, but how and when.  I'm feeling a little better though now that I have so many more options.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment